Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy-to-Make Summer Dress

*Special Note* Today and Tomorrow (Tuesday the 27th and Wednesday the 28th) smock top material is 50% off at Hancock Fabrics.  I know where I'm going on my lunch break!**

I bought the material for this project at Hancock Fabrics.  It was regularly $16, but I used a 40% off coupon, so it cost about $10 to make this dress.

The material already came shirred at the top and had a hem at the bottom.  (Check out more shirred dress material here.)  The material as-is would have been a maxi dress on me, but I thought it was too much pattern for a long dress.  I hemmed it several inches to my knee and then just measured the width, trimmed, and sewed the two sides together.  No zipper was needed because of the elastic shirred top.  So easy!

I plan on wearing this on our beach vacation.
For church and work, I can just throw on this little sweater!

(*Note to self, when you awkwardly bend your knee, your leg appears stubbier than it really is...not a flattering stance..)

I would totally make more of these!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...