Saturday, January 16, 2016

Super Beetle Update

The Super Beetle is making some progress!  My dad has been doing the bulk of the remodel with help from my brother.  Colin and I have been down a couple times to help where we can.  Take a peek at a few of the photos I've snapped while we've been in town.

Click photos for them to be enlarged.

Pictures I got when we were in town for Thanksgiving:










This trip was spent sandblasting, replacing parts, cleaning parts, and for me-- cleaning the original upholstery and whatever I could clean!  Harlow even stopped by for a visit.

Pictures from Christmas:






If you've ever wondered why you don't see a lot of antique Beetle convertibles around, let me fill you in on a little secret. The restoration of the convertible top is not cheap.  We thankfully had the metal frame that the top goes on.  If we didn't, we probably would be stopping the restoration and selling the car.  It would be way beyond our budget.  Since we have the metal frame, we need the vinyl top, padding, cables, bows, etc.  It adds up.  But we think it's going to be worth it!

If you have restored a beetle, especially a convertible, I'd love to hear from you!


*Read my first post about the beetle here: Childhood Dream Come True

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...