Monday, November 29, 2010

DIY Bib Necklace

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving!  I spent my weekend decorating for Christmas.  I'm hoping to finish up tonight so I can share some Christmas projects with you this week.

The project I want to share today is a DIY Bib Necklace.  I love the blingy bib necklaces, but I don't love the $40 price tags.  Here's an easy way to make your own!

I bought some decorative collars at Hancock Fabrics.  I used a 40% off coupon, so I got them for less than $10.  Sometimes they run them on sale too.

Here's the decorative collar I used:

I laid the collar on some black fleece and cut the fleece to the size of the collar.

I pinned the collar to the fleece

I measured out two pieces of black ribbon (16 inches each).

I tucked the ribbon in between the collar and the fleece.  Put just enough to catch the ribbon where it will have a good hold.

I sewed the collar to the fleece, keeping as close as possible to the edge of the beading.

When it came to the ribbons, I did back and forth stitches to make a strong seam.

Next cut the extra netting away (making sure not to cut into your sewing).

Voila!  A bib necklace in no time!
I'm waiting for a date night or party to wear it.  Or maybe I'll use it to dress up a casual outfit for work.  I'll let you know how it wears.

*No sew option: use fabric glue or a hot glue gun to attach the fleece and ribbon to the collar.


Linking Up:
The DIY Dreamer

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...