Thursday, July 08, 2010

Blog Award

Thanks to Pamplemousse 1983 for the Versatile Blogger Award!  How fun!
The Rules:
1) Thank the person that gave you the award
2) Share 7 things about yourself
3) Pass the award on to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and think are fantastic

I found out about Pamplemousse 1983 through this blog award, and I love the vibe of her blog!  I like the creativity and variety-- glad I found your blog!  And thanks so much for giving my blog props!

Okay, share time:
1) I have lived in 3 different states (Kansas, Louisiana, Arkansas) and was born in a state I never actually lived in (Missouri).  And to shake it up even more, I lived in Texarkana as a teenager, and it's partly in Arkansas and partly in Texas...so even more confusing!

2) I love chocolate.  And I mean loooooove chocolate.  The darker and richer-- the better.  It makes me happy and makes any day better.

3) I started out as a film and French double major in college.  I wound up with a film major and writing minor.  I wish I had finished my French degree.  My husband and I met in French class...so that's a plus :).  And we're thinking about going back and finishing together.  Ahhh romantic (are some of you grossed out by the cuteness?)!

4) I have puppy love.  I love all kinds of animals, but dogs are my favorite.  My family has had dogs my entire life and even got me my own dog when I was 3.  Dogs truly are man's best friends.

5) I have a scar on my forehead (in between my eyebrows) that somewhat resembles a Harry Potter scar.  When I was 3, I was playing with my older brother and bumped my head on a coffee table and had to have stitches.  My story isn't quite as interesting as Harry's.

6) I am a Christian.  And I don't mean that I follow a religion.  I mean that I have a true personal relationship with Jesus.  He gives me strength and love.  It's amazing to see how he works out the details of my life, both in blessing and hard times.  If you know me and my husband, you know our story and how strongly Christ is represented in how we got together.  If you don't know us, maybe I'll tell you the story sometime :).

7) I want to make a difference in the world.  I want to affect the people around me, the children that I dream of one day having, the kids I work with at church, people at work, and people that I meet around the world.  I want them to have the hope I have.  I want to share crafts with them and give them a shoulder to  lean on.  I'm not perfect at any of this and am usually spread pretty thin.  But I want to be better at it.

Okay, enough about me!

There are so many great blogs out there and tons I like for so many different reasons.  Rather than picking 15, I'm picking some that come to mind that I've recently been following.  I always try to share a good blog when I find one.  So please don't feel that these are the only blogs I like...they're just the ones I currently want to award with the Versatile Blogger Award:
A Girl and Her Brush
A Print A Day
Freckled Nest
On the Brink of Something Beautiful
Hungry Panda
Kind Over Matter
Little Chief Honeybee
Oh, Hello, Friend
Ruffles and Stuff
Alisa Burke

Check out the blogs and thanks for reading!

2 comments:

pearlslaceandruffles said...

I love what you wrote about Jesus! xo

http://www.pearlslaceandruffles.com/

Unknown said...

Hi there pen pal! :) You have a super cute blog, too! Love your background! :) I will write to you soon!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...