Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Bruschetta and Chicken & Cucumbers

Bruschetta
This was my first attempt to make bruschetta.  I love it at restaurants and have seen it made several different ways.  I took my favorite things about each version and combined them!
*Cut a loaf of italian bread, butter, and cook in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes (until toasty)
*Slice mozzarella cheese (get the real stuff! in the deli section) and set aside
*Dice 2 roma tomatoes and mix with olive oil, garlic salt, italian seasoning, basil, oregano
*Take the bread out of the oven and top it with the cheese and the the tomato mix
*Eat up!

Chicken & Cucumbers

This was a yummy dinner I made last week.  We love healthy food that tastes delish!
*The garlic parmesan bread was from a local pizzeria, so you'll just have to substitute with your favorite bread
*The chicken was marinated in a white wine & herb seasoning packet and then grilled
*For the cucumbers-- I sliced them and tossed them with some salt and set them on a paper towel to dry. I mixed some vinegar, hint of sugar, cilantro, salt, and pepper together and then drizzled it over the cucumbers.

Yum-o!
What are some of your favorite summer dishes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...